Monday, March 10, 2008

Grandpa Maxwell




These are some photos of the last time I was with my Grandpa Maxwell about 2 months ago. The one thing that I will always remember about my Grandpa Maxwell was his testimony. He had the strongest testimony of anyone I have ever met. I remember talking to him for hours about the scriptures and the different meanings behind them. Even if I asked one simple question about something in the scriptures he would go off for a long time on that one question, haha, and that's why I loved talking to him. He was very engaged in our conversations, which let me know that he truly loved and cared about me. I can only wish that someday my knwoledge of this gospel is half of what my Grandpa knew. I miss you Grandpa.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures Karina. I'm so happy you were able to make a memory with Grandpa at Christmas time. I think you were the last of your siblings to be with him. We have many special memories of him to treasure always. Love you,
Mom

CINDELandRYAN said...

thank you for posting this Karina. It was nice to see the pictures and hear your memories. I think we can all learn so much from him and his sinsere testimony and love of his family and the gospel. He was such a strong man, he will be missed.

The Special Reds said...

Wow, I forgot you saw him at Christmas. How special. He really did have a great testimony. Thanks for posting that. I'll see you this weekend. Good luck on your solo! I'll be ready with the alto for the other song.

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa:(
I love you and hope all is well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

That was so sweet, Karina! I miss my grandpa too. He passed away about a year before I graduated high school. He was just the same as your grandpa, so spiritual! I loved it and I miss him. I feel for you :)