Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
1. I have never gotten a ticket before! Yes I am proud to say I have no tickets under my belt, but I have gotten in a couple fender benders :/
2. I am a surprisingly good cook when I try. I don't cook too often, which is something I need to change, but when I do it's always delicious! It's the Glover blood that gives me my cooking skills.
3. I LOVE any craft! I absolutely love creating something from scratch because it's so rewarding when you're finished! I can spend hours in Michael's just looking around for ideas on what to do next. I also sew and I am almost done with my first quilt! It's made out of batik fabric and has a very colorful, vibrant feeling to it. The only problem with this hobby is that it's expensive...but aren't most hobbies?
4. I love old jazz tunes. I feel so relaxed and at peace when I listen to them. It makes me feel like I'm re-living the 50's with my red lipstick and high wasted skirt! I enjoy Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, and many more! Adam isn't too crazy about this genre, but I can't get enough!
5. Unlike Tiffany, I LOVE shopping for jeans! I don't know why you don't enjoy it Tiff because I love it. You should come shopping with me because I know what stores to hit. I have this weird obsession with jeans and I'm not sure why. I probably have over 15 pairs of jeans! I love it when I have found that perfect pair that fits me like a glove because when I put them on I feel like a million bucks! It's not only me I like shopping for either, I get so excited when Adam needs a new pair because I get to help him find them!
6. The last thing that you might not know about me is that I love Harry Potter. I love everything about the series. I love how JK Rowling is so creative with her magical world. I like fantasy books because when I read them I like to pretend life could be magical. Obviously it's not possible for someone to fly on a broomstick, but it's fun to pretend:)
People I would like to tag are...Rhonda, Callie, Kera, Cliff, and Kaitlin! (You don't have to do the survey, but they're fun to read!)
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Do you remember this day? I thought it would be fun to reminisce for a second.
These are my siblings Cindel, Callie, Kera, and Cliff. I love this picture because it reminds me of typical Maxwell behavior when the spotlight is on us! We tend to feel awkward when we are put on the spot...and as you can see they are hiding behind the flowers! Ooh I miss you all; good times!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was 11 years old. We had just moved to Irvine from AZ, and boy am I thankful we did because I met my best friends in Irvine!
What was I doing 5 years ago?
5 years ago I was 16 and it was my Junior year in High School. That was one of the hardest years in my life because we moved away from Irinve:(
What was I doing yesterday?
Yesterday my mom and sister Kera came to visit me! It was a great day because I only had to work a half day and I got to be with my family! And of course I got to be with my niece and nephew:)
5 Places I'd Rather Be . . .
1. Laying on a green field in Scotland listening to Billie Holiday
2. Snuggling with Adam on a deserted beach
3. With my whole family carving pumpkins
4. Quilting in my clean/quiet home
5. At my craft store in ID
What would I do with $100 million . . .
Oh wow, I would buy a house with cash, design my home with the nicest materials out there, of course buy a new car, donate some to friends and family, vacation around the world, and much much more! That's a hard question...
5 favorite shows . . .
2. Prison Break
5. Dr. Phil
5 Favorite Snacks . . .
1. Honey Oat bars
2. Any chocolate
4. CA rolls
5. String Cheese
Five things I hate doing...
1. Grocery Shopping!! Callie and I both hate it! I don't know why, but I really don't enjoy getting groceries.
2. Driving 30 minutes to work
3. Cleaning up after Silo
4. Getting up at 6am everyday
5. Sleeping in hotels
Five biggest joys of the moment...
1. Adam has been gone since Sunday and I get to see him this afternoon!
2. This weekend my family and I are going to an Apple farm to taste different Apple Ciders
3. My house is soo clean!
4. My Birthday is less then one month away
5. I've already done my visiting teaching for October and it's not the end of the month! ha
5 People to Tag . . .Callie, Kera, Cliff, Mom, and Rhonda!
Friday, October 05, 2007
At the moment I have a couple crafts I am working on. I bought three large canvases because I am going to attempt to paint a picture for our living room. I don't really know what I'm doing, but my mom and sister are wonderful artists, so I'm hoping I inherited some of their skills! A couple other crafts I need to finish are my quilt (it's just about done, but I need to do the borders) and a picture board of Silo.
Well, I am still working at American Assets, but I am planning on going to school this coming January. Here is my situation...I want to get my Bachelors in Interior Design at San Diego State University, but there are complications. In order for me to get accepted at SDSU, I have to take 6 classes to enter into my desired major and a couple more generals that I didn't take at BYU-I. THe problem is that I must complete all these courses by Spring of 2008 in order to get in for Fall of 2008. 8 classes is about 24 credits, which is impossible to do in just one semester! This means I will not be admitted until Fall of 2009!!!!! So I called a counselor at SDSU and they told me to find a major that doesn't require many classes to transfer and then switch once I've been accepted. That is my plan right now. I am trying to find a major that doesn't require a lot, which will get me into the school. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I need to be sneaky to pull this off, and trust me, I'm not good at sneaky!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Jobs I’ve Held: Wow...let's see if I can remember...
1. American Assets Real Estate Company -My current employer.
2. Porter's Craft and Frame -My favorite job because that's where my quilting and craft hobbies began.
3. Radio Shack -My LEAST fave job!
4. The Buckle- I didn't save too much when I worked here...
5. Golden Spoon- My Corona job.
6. Hallmark- My very first job. I worked here with my older sister Callie; what can I say, we love cards!
Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
1.Mean Girls. Yes I agree Rhonda. This movie cracks me up every time!
2. How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days- sooo funny, I'm not sure why it's so funny, but I laugh every time.
3. The Notebook- Oh soo romantic!
4. Matirx- It makes me think.
I can't think of any more at the moment...but I do enjoy most movies.
My Guilty Pleasures:
1. Anything Sweet
2. Nordstrom's...don't get me started! That place is very dangerous...
3. Home Decor as well. I love to design and get ideas for my home!
4. Prison Break- No matter how late it is, Adam and I will finish the disk.
Places I Have Lived: Let's see if I get this right...
1. Castro Valley, CA- that's where I was born.
2. Manteca, CA- I'm sure there are more cities in Northern CA...
3. Phoenix, AZ
4. Irvine, CA*
5. Corona, CA
6. Provo, UT
7. Rexburg, ID
8. San Diego, CA
Shows I Enjoy:
1. So You Think You Can Dance.
2. American Idol.
3. Prison Break
5. Dr. Phil
I really don't watch that much TV...
What were likely the 1st things you thought when you saw your significant other for the first time?
Haha...I thought, "How in the world do people tell him and his twin apart!"
Places I’ve Been on Vacation (other an the U.S.):
1. Paris, France
1. California Rolls (and most Asian foods)
2. Mashed Potatoes
3. The Turkey artichoke panini at Panera Bread with their cheddar broccoli soup...hmm that sounds good.
Websites I Visit (almost) Daily:
4. Craigs List
Body Parts I Have Injured:
1. Hmm...I had a girl fall on top of me during a cheer competition, which resulted in stitches above my eye.
Nicknames I’ve been called:
1. Well Adam has a few nick names for me, K-lo, Breeze, S.M.B.
2. Keena- my cousin Rhonda calls me that!
3. KarinaBean- My mom's nickname for me.
Now I Get to pick 4 other Blog buddies to do this! Tag you're it!
Well considering I only have my family as my blog friends...I challenge my whole family to fill it out!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
As for Adam and I, we are doing well. Things haven't changed much in San Diego. We are just working and taking care of Silo. This summer we traveled quite a bit and now it's time to relax :)