Friday, October 05, 2007

An update on the Lauper's!

I thought I would post a written entry to update everyone on what's going on with Adam and I. Adam is doing really well at HP. He is going on a business trip to WA this Sunday for a whole week!!!:( I wish I was going with him because I don't like being alone, but there's not much I can do. I will keep busy with Silo and my unfinished crafts:)
At the moment I have a couple crafts I am working on. I bought three large canvases because I am going to attempt to paint a picture for our living room. I don't really know what I'm doing, but my mom and sister are wonderful artists, so I'm hoping I inherited some of their skills! A couple other crafts I need to finish are my quilt (it's just about done, but I need to do the borders) and a picture board of Silo.
Well, I am still working at American Assets, but I am planning on going to school this coming January. Here is my situation...I want to get my Bachelors in Interior Design at San Diego State University, but there are complications. In order for me to get accepted at SDSU, I have to take 6 classes to enter into my desired major and a couple more generals that I didn't take at BYU-I. THe problem is that I must complete all these courses by Spring of 2008 in order to get in for Fall of 2008. 8 classes is about 24 credits, which is impossible to do in just one semester! This means I will not be admitted until Fall of 2009!!!!! So I called a counselor at SDSU and they told me to find a major that doesn't require many classes to transfer and then switch once I've been accepted. That is my plan right now. I am trying to find a major that doesn't require a lot, which will get me into the school. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I need to be sneaky to pull this off, and trust me, I'm not good at sneaky!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there. here is the sneaky plan of attack. write "let karina in... or else" with blood inside the interior design building at san diego state. then send the admins on a huge trail to the chamber of secrets, where you get a giant basilisk to eat them if they dont accept you into the program. If that doesn't work, then get into a similar major for fall 08, and transfer in the fall of 09, so you don't waste a year. if you keep your grades up, then transferring will be easy! good luck!

Karina said...

Haha...if only I had Harry Potter to help me out with this one, eh? Thanks Cliff...I'll keep you updated:)

Jordan & Rhonda said...

oh that's going to be sad when Adam leaves:( At least you have your puppy. Jordan goes on work trips sometimes too but it's really not that bad. Just don't wach any scary movies. I hope everything works out with the school issue. You can totally do it! You would be a great interior designer! I love cliff's idea though. It might actually work:)

The Special Reds said...

Hey Karina. I saw that you called. Callie probably already called you. She hopefully told you I am sick! I am feeling a little better as the day goes on. Callie said she can't come this week, but maybe just the kids and me can make a trip out there....I have really wanted to see your place and it would be fun. If I'm feeling better tomorrow morning, I'll let you know.

Tiffany said...

I'm looking forward to your survey!

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! Looks like we're not the only Laupers at the blogspot.com site anymore! So fun to keep up w/you two now.