Monday, October 29, 2007

CA Fires!





I'm sure you've all heard about the CA fires. Adam and I are happy to say we are safe and still have a home. The fire burned 18 homes in our stake about 2 miles away. We feel so blessed to have stayed with my parents during our evacuation period. I am so happy we have family close by; I don't know what we would have done if we had no where to go. Rancho Bernardo is looking better everyday. The community is helping out a lot and cleaning up our beautiful town. Here are a couple pictures from the fire. These were taken yesterday about 2 miles from our home.

4 comments:

Callie. said...

I can't believe it! It's just still so surreal that it happened so close to you guys. Yes, you are very lucky that your home is okay! I am sure beautiful San Diego will be beautiful again very soon.

The Special Reds said...

It must be weird to go back with all the burned down buildings and homes. But I'm sure things will get cleaned up soon. How is work for you guys?

Tiffany said...

Karina! I am so happy that you still have your home and that you are safe! Love you!

Jordan & Rhonda said...

i'm so glad that you guys are okay and that you have a home to still live in. I was so sad when i heard about all the fires.
I have no idea when we will see again but i hope not to long. ummm....graduate???? i'm probably never gonna do that! haha we hardley have enough money to send jordan to school part time. maybe when i'm like 40 though. hahaha